P.O. Box 243
High Risk Commercial Specialised Operations in Norway – Non-exhaustive list
With reference to Regulation (EU) No 965/2012 Article 2 no. 8 and ORO.SPO.110, a commercial specialised operator shall apply for and obtain an authorisation issued by the competent authority of the operator prior to commencing a high risk commercial specialised operation. The competent authority where the operation is conducted defines which operations are to be defined as HR (ORO.SPO.110 (a)(2).
The Norwegian aviation authorities (CAA-N) has defined the following operations as HR. The list is non-exhaustive. CAA-N therefore reserve the right to define operations not mentioned in the list as HR.
CAA-N may be consulted for further guidance on issues relating to specialized operations (SPO) in Norway.
HR SPO in Norway
- Helicopter operations outside the Height Velocity (HV) diagram (operations inside «dead man's curve»)
- Extended operations below 200 ft. AGL (i.e. animal herding, marking, tranquilising or shooting animals, photo missions, power line inspections etc.)
- Operations with single engine aircraft below 1000 ft. AGL over congested areas
- Operations over congested areas with underslung load or externally mounted special equipment
- HEC operations, including SPO hoist operations
- Aerobatics, flying displays, competition flights etc.
- Parachute drop
- Winter operations in areas with degraded visual conditions/references (especially «white out» conditions etc.)
- Landings on ships or other vessels in open seas (moving landing platform)