The following is for information purposes only. Additional requirements may apply and CAA Norway reserves the right to request additional information/documentation if deemed necessary.
The use of foreign registered micro-/ultralight aircraft with non-standard airworthiness certificate in Norwegian airspace is only permitted with prior permission.
Applications must include:
- Name, address, phone/telefax and e-mail of the Operator
- Purpose of the flight
- Area of planned operations
- Timeframe of operations
- Certificate of registration
- Certificate of Airworthiness
- Valid maintenance documentation
- Certificate of Insurance
- Pilot license
- Medical certificate
- Radio license+ documentation for English language proficiency
Applications for traffic permissions can be submitted at: email@example.com
Applications for use of foreign registered micro-/ultralight aircraft in Norwegian airspace must be submitted to CAA Norway no later than two workdays prior to the planned operation. If a flight is planned to be operated on a Saturday, Sunday or a Norwegian holiday, then the application must be submitted to CAA Norway no later than two workdays prior to that Saturday/Norwegian holiday.
- Please see our VFR-guide for more information.
- Please note that operations with micro-/ultralight aircraft in Norway must be performed within the framework of an organisation which has a safety system approved by CAA Norway. For more information please contact the Norwegian Air Sports Federation (NLF) on e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.