I have taken the theoretical examination in the UK before 1st January 2021. Do I have to retake the examination?
The provisions in FCL.025 applies. Theoretical knowledge examinations taken in the UK before 1st January 2021 will be accepted. However, the theoretical knowledge examination is only valid for the issue of an EASA private pilot licence for a period of 24 months from the day when the pilot successfully completed the theoretical knowledge examination.
As an example:
- You finished your EASA PPL theoretical knowledge examination on 25. August 2020. Your theory will then be valid for issue of a Norwegian PPL until 25. August 2022.
- You finished your EASA PPL theoretical knowledge examination in 2017. Your theory is no longer valid for issue of an EASA PPL licence, but you may get credit as described under the question “What is the theoretical examination requirement”.
- Theoretical Knowledge Examination
- Experience & Training
- Skill test
- PPL(A) Skill test Fomr NF-1029E
- PPL(H) Skill test Form NF-1035 E