FAQ Crediting CPL & MPL Licence

Here you will find information regarding requirements and procedures for conversion and crediting of licence from third country, in compliance with Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2020/723.

Showing hits 1 to 10 of 10

What is the English Language Proficiency requirement?

The English language proficiency test shall be conducted by an EASA approved English language proficiency assessor. CPL & MPL til faq

What is the theoretical examination requirement?

Pilots who will apply for a CPL or CPL/IR, will have to undergo an approved theoretical training programme at an ATO, covering all the subjects for the licence/rating in question. The course may

What do I have to do to get credit for my experience approved?

Get in touch with an EASA approved ATO to evaluate your experience. Credit given or training required is based on the recommendation from the ATO. This shall be approved by CAA-Norway before any

Where can I enrol for the theoretical examinations?

To enrol for the theoretical examinations, you will have to get in touch with an EASA approved ATO, who will recommend you for the theoretical knowledge examination after you have conducted the

What documents shall be attached and how do I submit my application to the CAA Norway?

The skill test form shall be sent together with copies of the following supporting documents: Valid ICAO licence, (UK licence issued as Part-FCL licence), relevant flight logbook pages with “

I have taken the theoretical examination in the UK before 1st January 2021. Do I have to retake the examination?

The provisions in FCL.025 applies. Theoretical knowledge examinations taken in the UK before 1st January 2021 will be accepted. However, the theoretical knowledge examination is only valid for

I have a UK licence and a medical certificate issued by an UK aero-medical examiner (AME) before 1st January 2021. Will my medical certificate be accepted?

If a transfer of UK licence was not made before 31.12.2020, the medical certificate can no longer be accepted since it is now recognized as issued by a third country authority. CPL & MPL til faq

How do I apply for the skill test?

The ATO shall appoint an examiner for the skill test. Foreign examiners shall send us a notification according to requirements stated in the Examiner Differences Document (EDD) for Norway. When a

Where do I start in the process of crediting my third country licence?

You need an initial medical examination conducted by an EASA approved aero-medical center (AeMC) for issue of an EASA medical certificate class 1. We recommend you to get an appointment for this

What fees do I have to pay?

Fees are charged in accordance with BSL A 1-2 “Forskrift om gebyr til Luftfartstilsynet (Gebyrforskriften), and subject to change. You will be invoiced the fee after we have received your