Fly drones safely
This is a summary of the most important rules for drones under 25 kg in the open category. Further information is available under Drones in the menu above.
More possibilities in sub-category A2
Other distance limitations may apply if you pass the A2 exam and fly a drone between 500 grams and 2 kg, or with a C2 class mark.
Below 16 years of age?
Are you under 16 years old? You can still fly in model clubs, together with a pilot 16 years or older, or with a CE-marked toy drone.
- Follow local rules in national parks and protected areas, see kart.naturbase.no.
- Do not fly in areas where airborne photography is forbidden. See nsm.geodataonline.no/sensorapp.
- Be aware of restricted areas and no-fly zones, such as the center of Oslo, prisons, and embassies, see ippc.no and here on luftfartstilsynet.no.
Fly safely and responsibly
- Register and take the exam at flydrone.no.
- Keep your drone in sight at all times.
- Keep at least 5 km distance from airports and never fly near accident areas.
- Always fly below 120 m from the ground and at a safe distance from others.
- Respect other people’s privacy and follow the GDPR rules when taking photos or videos of others,