The Norwegian Civil Aviation Authority regrets to inform that the implementation of Regulation on Aircrew in Norway is delayed until further notice.
The purpose of the background check is to prevent that persons who may pose a risk to aviation are given access to airports and aviation facilities, or be approved for key positions in the aviation industry. Furthermore, the requirements for background checks help ensure public confidence in civil aviation. If you have any questions regarding your application for a background check, you can find answers to your questions here. You will also find the forms you need when you apply for a background check.
We have now made the presentations from the EASA Regional Workshop in Oslo on 15 and 16 January available for download.
CAA Norway issues Safety Directive 201208342-1 in order to limit overwater operations with AS322 and EC225 helicopters.
On 1 August 2011 the CAA Norway launched its new website. Our English pages will continuously be updated and new pages published in the forthcoming days and weeks.
- Establishment of four temporary Restricted Areas in connection with military exercise Arctic Tiger 2013
- Etablering av fire midlertidige restriksjonsområder i forbindelse med forsvarets øvelse "Artic Tiger 2013"
- Establishment of temporary restricted areas EN R172 over Ila fengsel og forvaringsanstalt, EN R173 over Telemark fengsel, Skien avdeling and EN R174 over Ringerike fengsel
- Etablering av midlertidige restriksjonsområder EN R172 ved Ila fengsel og forvaringsanstalt, EN R173 ved Telemark fengsel, Skien avdeling og EN R174 ved Ringerike fengsel
- Operational Directive: Operation to and from airfields north of 65º latitude – Compass system limitations due to magnetic inclination/dip
The phone is manned 24/7 365 days a year
The CAA Norway has updated its VFR Guide. The booklet is made to assist you as a VFR pilot in your planning and conduct of flight within Norwegian airspace. Here you can download it for free.
Delayed process for implementation of Regulation on Aircrew